Coconut Flour is a great flour alternative that I like to use in my baking and cooking. Not only does it offer a wonderful flavor, but it is also a healthy addition to my food and is allergen-free. So many things can be made with Coconut Flour, which is why I was happy to try Coconut Flour by Morning Pep.
Some of the items I used Coconut Flour include: cookies, breads, waffles, muffins, granola bars, a breading for pork chops, chicken, seafood and onion rings. The possibilities are endless! I am enjoying finding new recipes and amazed at the versatility of Coconut Flour.
Coconut Flour has a lot of nutritional benefits, such as an awesome source of fiber, low in sodium and cholesterol, a great source of protein, calcium, iron and magnesium. It is also free of gluten, cholesterol, and NON-GMO. It is made from 100% ground organic coconuts, is off-white in color and has a fine, soft texture.
As someone who cannot eat gluten due to allergies, one aspect I especially appreciate is that it is allergen-free. While using Morning Pep’s Coconut Flour, I have not noticed any issues with “gluten” exposure.
I put this Coconut Flour to the test and have used it in a wide range of items (bread, chocolate muffins, breading on pork chops, granola bars, onion rings, cookies and waffles). Some recipes I have made before and others I tried out for the first time. Everything that I made while using this Coconut Flour turned out great! I even found some new recipes that I love. Either way, it is extremely easy to use and scoops up well with a measuring cup or spoon.
Some of the qualities I really like:
– The consistency of the flour with its finely ground texture which is soft and does not clump.
– Love the fact that it is gluten-free and the steps Morning Pep takes to ensure no cross-contamination.
– Versatile and tastes great in recipes ranging from seafood breading to meats, granola bars to waffles and breads to desserts.
– The Coconut Flour comes in 2 sizes so you don’t over or under order the amount needed.
– The bag has a zip-lock that seals easily and holds closed firmly which makes for easy storing.
– Nutritional benefits are wonderful and since I can add Coconut Flour to a variety of items, I know my family also benefits.
– Easy to use.
– Never gives food an overpowering coconut flavor, in fact my family cannot even tell when I use it in my cooking or baking.
– Will keep for 12 months if stored as recommended in a cool and dry place.
As far as any negative criticism, I have none. Not only have there been no issues with using the Coconut Flour, gluten or storing, but my food tastes wonderful and my family has loved all items I have made.
I love working with Coconut Flour and it is so easy to implement into my recipes, so I definitely plan on continuing to have fun making even more yummy items!
Check it out on Amazon:
1 pound bag: http://www.amazon.com/Morning-Pep-Percent-Organic-Coconut/dp/B00TJXECY4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428356367&sr=8-2&keywords=coconut+flour+morning+pep
I received this product in exchange for my honest opinion based upon my personal experiences.