If it is possible to be in love with a digital cooking thermometer, then that is me! This one is so easy to use and very accurate. Before I put the food into the oven or crockpot, I just place the long probe into the center, program the thermometer and that is it. The probe cord is thin enough that I can still close the oven securely or put the lid on the crockpot and no heat escapes and the food cooks perfectly. I usually hang the magnetized thermometer case above the stove so it is out of the way and easy to read quickly. The cord is long, 3 inches, so that has not been any issues at all.
Programming is very simple (also comes with very easy to follow instructions) since you just turn the power on, turn on the alerts, program which meat you are cooking by clicking the button to scroll through the preset list, use either the USDA recommended temps or program your own desired temp, and also the 4 levels of doneness (rare, medium rare, medium or well done). It is very easy to do and takes just a few seconds.
I have used it to make meatloaves, steak and chicken with everything coming out perfectly. No over or undercooking, no more constantly having to check on the food or guessing, and I have more time to do other things around the house since the thermometer has an alarm to notify me of not only when the food is done, but also 10 degrees before temp is reached and 10 degrees after temp is reached. Another reason I like the pre-alert feature because it also helps me to time out side dishes since I know that the meat is getting close to being done.
There are many features which I really like:
– Choose easily between Celsius and Fahrenheit by sliding the clearly marked button on the side.
– Has a long 36 inch, oven safe probe attached. It even worked great when I used it with my crockpot.
– Having the options of either programming the temp you want or using the preprogrammed suggested temps for numerous types of meats, including preferred levels (rare, medium rare, medium or well done).
– The magnetic backing of the thermometer so it can easily hang (I hang it above the stove) or just sit it on the countertop.
– LCD light display is easy to read even if I am not right next to it.
– The alarm system that beeps different tones for each of the three alerts (pre-alert alarm, alert alarm and overcook alarm) so you know 10 degrees before the food is done to the desired temp, when the temp is reached and if the food hits over 10 degrees warmer than desired temp, Really nice feature when you are in another part of the house and you do not have to constantly check on the food, just listen for the beeps.
– Nice temp range capabilities: 32°F to 392°F / 0°C to 200°C.
– The thermometer has a flip case which I really appreciated especially since I will hang it above the stove often and I can bend to the desired position for easy reading and use.
– Small and compact for easy storage and it does not take up much room.
– The alert temp and the cook temp are both displayed on the LCD screen so you can track the progress.
– Very easy to clean and the probe just rinses off with hot soapy water.
As far as any negatives, I have not found any as of it.
I received this product in exchange for my honest opinion based upon my personal experiences. #review